[Air-l] turnitin issue [and privacy+security of students]

burkx006 at umn.edu burkx006 at umn.edu
Fri Mar 9 08:05:03 PST 2007

I am as concerned about electronic privacy as anyone -- and far more
concerned than most -- but I am having a difficult time seeing why the
government would want to access a hash of a student paper, or what might be
the privacy interests that would be violated if they did.

There is plenty of other stored student data (health records, library
usage, brower logs) to spend time worrying about.

DLB

--
Dan L. Burk
Oppenheimer, Wolff & Donnelly Professor