[Air-l] turnitin issue

Denise N. Rall denrall at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 18:34:06 PDT 2007

Dear Aoir-ers -

What's in the hash?  I assumed it was a very partial
sketch of the paper, including things like the title,
the first paragraph (perhaps) some keywords and the
bibliography.

For my perspective on students' handing in others'
work, this would be enough to sink the ship!

How would this breach the student's copyright if they
have copied the paper to begin with????

Cheers, Denise

Denise N. Rall, PhD thesis, "Locating four pathways to
internet scholarship" School of Env. Science, Southern Cross University, Lismore NSW 2480 AUSTRALIA
Tues: Room T2.17, +61 (0)2 6620 3577 Mobile 0438 233 344
http://www.scu.edu.au/schools/rsm/staff/pages/drall/
Virtual member, Cybermetrics Group, University of Wolverhampton, UK
http://cybermetrics.wlv.ac.uk/index.html