[Air-L] Permission to quote air-l list

Christian Nelson xianknelson at mac.com
Fri Jan 18 13:08:38 PST 2008

On Jan 18, 2008, at 12:08 PM, Alex Halavais wrote:

>  While I think it may be a nice gesture to ask an author's
> permission before quoting them, those posting to the list should
> recognize that it is a public forum, and the things written here
> are published to the world.

Perhaps this quote is the most useful for supporting Pam's thesis
(one I've been working on, too) that much of the Internet resembles
face-to-face communication. Why else would Internet researchers have
to be reminded that posting emails is a form of publication unless,
of course, Internet posting is so pervasively considered to be
something other than publishing--e.g., f2f communication.