[Air-L] "SCELC-Net: A Model Online Social Consortial Network" - The PPT

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Sat Mar 8 17:54:15 PST 2008

***Apologies for Receipt of Duplicate Postings***
Friends/

On March 5 2008 I had the privilege to present at the SCELC Colloquium III held at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, California.

SCLEC- The Statewide California Electronic Library Consortium - seeks to explore issues related to electronic and digital information and to promote the creation, access, use, management and maintenance of this information for the benefit of faculty and students in the member institutions.

This year its Colloquium featured sessions on open source federated search and catalog solutions, social networking and libraries, and the future of cataloging.

I was honored to be on the same program with Karen Coyle (Digital Library Consultant), Marsha Schnirring (Occidental College), Tracy Thompson (NELLCOP), Cindi Trainor (Eastern Kentucky University), and Jezmynne Westcott (Claremont College).

Access to a  self-archived a corrected and revised version of my presentation "SCELC-Net: A Model Online Social Consortial Network" at

[ http://onlinesocialnetworks.blogspot.com/2008/03/scelc-net-model-online-social.html ]

As they become available, I will profile and link to the presentations of my fellow SCELC Colloquium III colleagues.

BTW: In my presentation I profile the planned My ALA online community shepherded by Jenny Levine of ALA.

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

There is Nothing More Powerful Than  An Idea Whose Time Has Come
Victor Hugo
[ http://www.blogger.com/profile/09093368136660604490 ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows
[ http://alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/ ]