[Air-L] CAT/BAT Workshop 9:00 Saturday Morning at the Conference in Copenhagen

Stuart Shulman stuart.shulman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 14:00:54 PDT 2008

For those in Copenhagen (all 400+ of you!) I thought a reminder about
the workshop might entice a few of you to set the alarm and join us
for the session. A few salient facts:

+ The software applications I am teaching are free to use on the web
+ The session is hands-on in a very nice computer lab
+ You will learn how to create archives of blog posts
+ You will learn how to code that data using a mix of automation and keystrokes
+ You will learn how easy it is to measure inter-rater reliability
+ You will learn about a "validity" measurement technique

http://www.qdap.pitt.edu/cat.htm
(About the Coding Analysis Toolkit)

http://www.qdap.pitt.edu/bat-tutorial.htm
(How to use the Blog Analysis Toolkit)

Perhaps most important, you can join a growing group of CAT and BAT
users and help to shape the future development of the software. So, I
hope we will have a nice a group.

~Stu

--
Dr. Stuart W. Shulman
Assistant Professor
stu at polsci.umass.edu

Editor, Journal of Information Technology & Politics
http://www.jitp.net

Director, QDAP-UMass
http://people.umass.edu/stu/QDAP-UMass/

Associate Director, National Center for Digital Government
http://www.umass.edu/digitalcenter/