[Air-L] Conferencing software for next year

Frederick Noronha [फ़रेदरिक नोरोनया] fred at bytesforall.org
Wed Oct 22 11:49:01 PDT 2008

I thought my colleagues organising the foss.in conference in Bangalore
had some Free (as in Freedom) Software/Open Source code available for
managing their mega event. But I could not find a link to what exactly
they're using.  See a link to their registration system (currently
up): https://foss.in/2008/register/speakers/addSpeaker.php

Trawled freshmeat.net and found
A conference management system, including workshops & symposia.

See this discussion on Slashdot, but I can't find too many useful
links up there:

Sourceforge.net has eight or so options:

Yet Another Conference Management System
YACOMAS (Yet another conference management system). A Conference
management system written in PHP and MySQL

Conference Management System
COMS is a Technical Conference management system. It provides a web
interface for managing a conference. Some of the brief facilites
include submission of papars by authors, reviewing those paper by
reviewers and conference supervision by the chair.

CMS - Conference Management System
CMS is built based on the SOA design principle and it offers a nice
looking web UI and a simple web service interface. It utilizes maven2,
struts2, axis2, jboss, ejb3 and many other java technologies and

PHP based Conference Management, Attendance Tracking, & Certificate
System (for Continuing Education Units - CEUs).

Web Conference Management Tool
WCMT is a PHP-MySQL based tool for the management of scientific
conferences and congresses. It allows the convenor to manage the
review process of a medium to big sized conference.

This project aims to provide a conference management system.

TMTSys is a conference management system. It has been used for IEEE
APWCS 2003, MMRC Workshop 2003-2005, IEEE ICCE 2006-2008. The version
2.0 has been released with some new interesting features. The user
interfaces are simplified.

Confman is a web based system for conference management

2008/10/22 I Kushchu <ik at mgovernment.org>:
> Actually, I also would be very glad to hear some feedback on conference
> software.
> Kushchu
> On 22 Oct 2008, at 18:34, Ingbert Floyd wrote:
>> I'd be interested in hearing about them on-list. Maybe I'm the only
>> one, but I think it would be interesting to see a group discussion of
>> conference system requirements by internet experts. While we might not
>> be able to implement them, it could help us all evaluate such systems
>> better *before* we obtain the necessary experience the hard way.

FN * Independent Journalist http://fn.goa-india.org
Blog: http://fredericknoronha.wordpress.com
Tech links from South Asia: http://twitter.com/fn
M: +91-9822122436 P: +91-832-2409490