[Air-L] Conferencing software for next year

Ben Anderson benander at essex.ac.uk
Thu Oct 23 08:07:26 PDT 2008

On 22 Oct 2008, at 18:34, Ingbert Floyd wrote:

> I think it would be interesting to see a group discussion of
> conference system requirements by internet experts.

one such 'requirement' is that the system can support the 'submission/
review/response workflow' that the conference organizers want. My
experience of the IR9 review process (others may disagree) was that
whilst the progamme chair & reviewers had a view of the process they
wanted, the system had a slightly different and rather 'fixed' model.
This produced a certain amount of confusion.

If the IR10 programme chair/committee's mental model of the submission
process is not yet defined then deciding on a tool will be a bit
premature...(unless you are happy to adapt your process to what the
tool(s) provide)

Ben