[Air-L] different strokes for different disciplines

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Sun Oct 26 15:33:01 PDT 2008

Different disciplines have different rules re Citation forms.
Sociology (and me) prefer full first names -- we are people after all.
Psych (and those like Comm who follow APA) use initials. This always
seemed antiseptic.

I use Endnote as my reference manager. It will output just about any
reference format you want, as long as you input the full first name when
you input the record. Other ref. managers do the same thing, I am pretty
sure.

So you can, and I do, go back-forth between constricted APA format and
full frontal ASA format.

 Barry Wellman, aka B. Wellman

  S.D. Clark Professor of Sociology, FRSC              NetLab Director
  Department of Sociology                        University of Toronto
  725 Spadina Avenue, Room 388                  Toronto Canada M5S 2J4
  http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~wellman            fax:+1-416-978-3963

  Updating history:     http://chass.utoronto.ca/oldnew/cybertimes.php