[Air-L] Food in Copenhagen

Nancy Baym nbaym at ku.edu
Wed Oct 8 06:26:27 PDT 2008

Ok, if we're getting all Copenhagen touristy, I will put in a plug
for Rosenborg Slot, the utterly charming castle right downtown with a
splendid park. For people who come from countries that don't have
castles, this is a great way to spend a few hours. Maybe it was my
visits there in childhood, but Rosenborg has a huge place in my heart.

Catching the "water taxi" from Nyhavn is also a great cheap way to
get out on the water, get a great view of the new opera house, and
generally enjoy the views.

And I second Charlie's recommendation of shawarma. Finding a
diversity of food in Copenhagen is not hard. At all.

Those who've served on exec know we spent years hoping to get this
conference in Copenhagen. I'm so glad it's finally happening and look
forward to seeing many of you there,

Nancy