[Air-L] New News-Online@ e-mail list, carrying on the tradition of "online-news"

Steven Clift slc at publicus.net
Thu Jan 22 09:52:22 PST 2009

For those researching the online news industry ... Steve

After sensing a major hole in exchange among online news professionals
during these dramatic times, I sent an e-mail to everyone who posted in its
last year on the trusty "online-news" e-mail list (the one started by Steve
Outing years ago).  I asked if they would like to see a similar e-list come
back. They did.

So the description is simple:

  News Online is an e-mail list for professionals in online news
  around the world. It carries on in the spirit of former "online-news"
  e-mail list now with additional web/digest options.

Sign-up here:

    http://dowire.org/news-online-join

For more information: http://dowire.org/news-online

Like the old "online-news" list, the web view will be behind a password for
members-only when we open. We need at least 150 members before we will open
for a round of introductions.

Steven Clift
http://stevenclift.com
http://www.pbs.org/idealab/steven_clift/

P.S. What happened to the old list? I do know that Poynter launched a new
web-based Groups system (http://groups.poynter.org) and the Wired
Journalists Ning site (http://wiredjournalists.com) seems to have some good
momentum, but none of these are simple e-mail lists that let you easily post
in your idle time from your Blackberry or wireless e-mail. So, if you miss
the good old "online-news" list, join us.