[Air-L] Technology research at NCA 2009

Kris M. Markman krism at alumni.utexas.net
Mon Nov 9 21:57:36 PST 2009

For those of you on the list who are going to NCA this week, I just
wanted to call to your attention the fine set of papers and panels
scheduled in the Human Communication & Technology Division.

The complete HCTD program can be found here: http://brettlunceford.com/octoberHCTD/index.shtml

Here are some highlights:

Human Communication & Technology Division Business Meeting
Fri, Nov 13 - 5:00pm - 6:15pm Building/Room: Hilton Chicago, Meeting
Room 4C
Nominations are being accepted for 3 leadership positions: 2nd VP,
Secretary, and student representative. Please consider getting involved.

Five Years Out: Exploring the Future of Human Communication and
Technology Sat, Nov 14 - 12:30pm - 1:45pm Building/Room: Hilton
Chicago /        Boulevard AB
Looking at communication and technology “Five Years Out” is a
promising and exciting endeavor. Communication technologies ranging
from cell phones to instant messaging have transformed our
communicative landscape. For our “Five Years Out” panel HCTD has
brought together experts in a variety of human communication and
technology areas to discuss what is possible and likely in our
increasingly mediated and technologically enhanced future as well as
where the next wave of opportunities in research lie.

Top Four Student Papers in Human Communication & Technology
Friday, Nov 13 - 12:30pm - 1:45pm Building/Room: Hilton Chicago /
Williford A

Top Four Papers in Human Communication and Technology
Saturday, Nov 14 - 2:00pm - 3:15pm Building/Room: Hilton Chicago /
Boulevard Room C

Stability and Change in Virtual Environments: Studying Communication
in Second Life
Saturday, Nov 14 - 12:30pm - 1:45pm Building/Room: Hilton Chicago /
Meeting Room 4C

Virtual Worlds and Virtual Words: The Roles of Rhetoric and Metaphor
in New Media
Saturday, Nov 14 - 11:00am - 12:15pm Building/Room: Hilton Chicago /
Meeting Room 4C

I look forward to seeing you in Chicago!
-Kris Markman
Co-Vice Chair, Programming, HCTD
Kris M. Markman, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Communication
University of Memphis
https://umdrive.memphis.edu/kmmrkman/www/index.html