[Air-L] tenure-track faculty position, University of Cincinnati

Stephen Depoe depoesp at ucmail.uc.edu
Wed Oct 14 06:37:54 PDT 2009

UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI
DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNICATION
TENURE-TRACK ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
COMMUNICATION AND EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES

The Department of Communication at the University of Cincinnati seeks
applicants for a full-time tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor
level, beginning September 1, 2010.  We seek an outstanding individual
whose research program examines the impacts of new information and
communication technologies (ICTs) on human relationships, organizations, or
society at large.

The successful candidate will be expected to teach courses that help
undergraduate and graduate students to understand, develop, and manage
communication processes and/or campaigns in a rapidly-changing
technological environment.  We are also looking for an individual whose
research and teaching activities are consistent with the Department's
mission, which features a commitment to address connections between
communication and contemporary social problems.

The University of Cincinnati (<http://www.uc.edu/>www.uc.edu), a public
Research Intensive university located within the vibrant uptown Clifton
neighborhood, has a diverse student body of over 35,000 students.  The
Department of Communication
(<http://www.artsci.uc.edu/communication>www.artsci.uc.edu/communication)
offers both B.A. and M.A. degree programs.  Our undergraduate program
features courses in public, interpersonal, organizational, and mediated
communication.  Our department is one of only 20 in the nation whose public
relations program has obtained certification by the Public Relations
Society of America.  The undergraduate program also features service
learning and collaboration with community organizations. Our graduate
program was recently evaluated as one of the best M.A.-only programs in the
country in both faculty research productivity and doctoral
preparation.  Faculty research areas include interpersonal communication,
organizational leadership, issues management and public relations,
political communication, health and environmental communication, risk
communication, children and media, and diversity issues related to
gender/sexuality, race and ethnicity, and age.

Qualifications:  Completed Ph.D. required by 1 September 2010, evidence of
research and publication activity, and evidence of teaching effectiveness.

Applicants for this position must apply online to
<http://www.jobsatuc.com/>www.jobsatuc.com. Cover letter should address the
candidate's fit with both the position and Departmental mission.  Vita and
samples of scholarly work can also be posted online.  Send copy of graduate
transcripts, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and three letters of
recommendation to:  Steve Depoe, Chair of Search Committee, Department of
Communication, University of Cincinnati, P. O. Box 210184, Cincinnati OH
45221-0184. Questions:  Contact Prof. Depoe at
<mailto:depoesp at email.uc.edu>depoesp at email.uc.edu. EO/AAE.

Application deadline:  December 31, 2009

Stephen Depoe, Ph.D.
Editor, ENVIRONMENTAL COMMUNICATION:  A JOURNAL OF NATURE AND CULTURE
www.informaworld.com/renc
Professor and Director of Graduate Program
Department of Communication
University of Cincinnati, USA
(513)-556-4459