[Air-L] SAS announcing a social media analytics platform today. Webcast at 11 am EST.

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Mon Apr 12 01:31:26 PDT 2010

I use SAS at work but do not work for the SAS company in anyway. I
like what I do for work though. I am only a user/power user/programmer
so I am not promoting this software more realizing my programming
skills may help me to research social media if this tool is useful.

Here is SAS's advert from
http://www.sas.com/reg/web/corp/smalaunch

With the rapid growth of social media – from blogs and discussion
groups to Facebook and Twitter – businesses are looking to make sense
of this new stream of data, better understand their customers, monitor
what’s being said about their brands and products, and predict the
best marketing channels.

With 34 years of experience in high-end business analytics, SAS will
unveil a new approach to harnessing and integrating social media data
to make better and faster business decisions, improve marketing, and
build stronger and lasting customer relationships: SAS® Social Media
Analytics.

Please join us for a LIVE Webcast on Monday, 12April10 to learn more.

Details

Who: SAS, the leader in business analytics
What: LIVE press briefing & Webcast announcing major new SAS software
for social media analytics
When: 11:00am-12:00pm EDT (8:00-9:00am PDT); Monday, April 12, 2010
Where: Press briefing will take place LIVE from the SAS Global Forum
Executive Conference and SAS Global Forum (the premier event for SAS
professionals worldwide) in Seattle, Washington (USA)
Why: During this Webcast, you’ll hear from social media and analytics
experts, see the new software in action, and have the opportunity to
ask questions.
Additional Information to Come

The SAS Social Media Analytics launch site, with additional
information and resources, will go live on 12April10 at 12:00pm ET
(9:00am PT). It will include the press release, fact sheet, photos,
video and links to the product page and SAS Global Forum press kit.

Join us on 12Apr10!

Peter Timusk,
B.Math statistics (2002), B.A. legal studies (2006) Carleton University
Systems Science Graduate student, University of Ottawa.
just trying to stay linear.
Read by hundreds of lurkers every week.
kiitos paljon,  merci,  thank you and muchas gracias for reading.