[Air-L] Looking for readings on mobile computing and/or touch-screen interfaces

Jason Mittell jmittell at middlebury.edu
Mon Apr 12 08:42:48 PDT 2010

Hi all,

When teaching my digital media course, I try to leave the last couple weeks
as topically TBA to account for new developments and topical issues. It
seems like iPad-mania would be an appropriate topic to address. So I'm
looking for any suggestions for good readings appropriate for advanced
undergrads that tackle (in a humanistic/qualitative way appropriate to media
studies) the topics of mobile computing and/or touch-screen interfaces that
we might apply to the iPad. And if anyone has seen (or written) a compelling
blog post or journalistic article about the iPad that could help frame
discussion, that would be great too.

Thanks in advance,
-Jason

---
Jason Mittell, Associate Professor of American Studies and Film & Media
Culture
Chair of Film & Media Culture Department
Middlebury College
208 Axinn Center at Starr Library
Middlebury, Vermont 05753
(802) 443-3435 / fax: (802) 443-2805