[Air-L] Cases of police as friends on facebook.

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Mon Apr 19 14:48:14 PDT 2010

Does any one in legal studies or others, of course, know of law cases
where facebook was involved for gathering law enforcement intelligence
and or evidence?

Not  news stories I am looking for cases before a court with written
judgements. I do not have access to a case law search service these
days as I am no longer studying law.

A number of protest students ( this is what I will call them) were
just friended by three persons they don't know.

Of course, some of these students added the person as a friend because
they seemed to have so many mutual friends. The power of social
networks eh?

I would be interested in what judges have thought of this. The law
tends to be behind on tech.

Peter Timusk,
B.Math statistics (2002), B.A. legal studies (2006) Carleton University
Systems Science Graduate student, University of Ottawa.
just trying to stay linear.
Read by hundreds of lurkers every week.
kiitos paljon,  merci,  thank you and muchas gracias for reading.