[Air-L] syllabus on internet and society

Esther Brainin estherb at ruppin.ac.il
Tue Feb 23 12:33:59 PST 2010

Dear AOIRs,

I am going to teach a course for underagd students on internet and society next academic year. I would appreciate if you could share with me your syllabuses and in class exercises for students engagements in large classes.

Thanks,
Esther

Esther Brainin, PhD
Department of Behavioural Sciences
Ruppin academic Center
40250 Emek Hefer
Israel
972-9-898-1318

________________________________

מאת: air-l-bounces at listserv.aoir.org בשם Michael Lee
נשלח: ג 23/02/2010 07:03
אל: air-l at aoir.org
נושא: [Air-L] recording activity in facebook and web survey bestpractices?

Dear AOIRs,

My name is Michael Lee, I am a sociologist currently studying communication
and software engineering in Costa Rica.

In my thesis (communication) I am working with uses and gratifications
approach to Facebook.

One of my objectives it to try to identify uses related to political
activity and convergence.

This objective suggest an ethnographic approach.

Question 1:

I would like to know if there are software tools  able to record the
activity of 10 users that have agreed to let me follow their activity for
one month.

Even better if these tools were open source.  I am also using Lime Survey so
I have access to a server in case it is needed.

Question 2:
I am trying to find readings about best practices in online surveys.  I have
found advice in blogs and websites about completion time and number of items
(1) but I would like to read a deeper analysis.

(1)

http://www.ccs.uottawa.ca/webmaster/voxco/best-practices.html

http://www.constantcontact.com/aka/docs/pdf/Top10SurveyBestPractices.pdf

Thanks a lot for any resource you could provide,

Michael Lee.

Communication Student
University of Costa Rica
www.ucr.ac.cr