[Air-L] Online Dating Studies

Nishant Shah itsnishant at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 10:36:01 PST 2010

Dear Erhardt,
My friend Pawan Deep Singh, who is currently a Doctoral student at the UCSD,
had done one of the only analysis of a gay dating site in India. His email
address is pdsingh at ucsd.edu. I am not sure if the paper has been published
somewhere, but if you do write to him, I am sure he would be happy to share
the paper with you. I think the paper was interesting not only because it
did an impressive qualitative analysis of the users' profiles, experiences
and expectations from the website, but it also shows how technology mediated
spaces become tense and contested spaces of inclusion, belonging, etc.
Hope that helps,
Cheers
Nishant

--