[Air-L] facebook evidence?

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Sun Sep 26 20:50:38 PDT 2010

I found it surprising that some ACM authors used facebook's own search
features in their study.

See these papers

Cliff Lampe & Nicole Ellison & Charles Steinfield.  A face(book) in the
crowd: social Searching vs. social browsing in Computer Supported
Cooperative Work Proceedings of the 2006 20th anniversary conference on
Computer supported cooperative work (New York, N.Y.: ACM, 2006) at 167 -
170.

.A familiar face(book): profile elements as signals in an online social
network in Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems Proceedings of
the SIGCHI conference on Human factors in computing systems (New York, N.Y.:
ACM, 2007) at 435 - 444.

Peter Timusk
at571 at ncf.ca
ptimusk at sympatico.ca