[Air-L] Researcher position available in SoNet at FBK, Trento, Italy about social side of Wikipedia

paolo massa paolo at gnuband.org
Fri Jul 1 02:25:11 PDT 2011

A position is available in the SoNet (Social Networking) research unit
at Bruno Kessler Foundation, Center for Information Technology,
Trento, Italy. The SoNet research unit focuses its research on the
social side of Wikipedia and wikis.
The successful candidate will join our group working on a project
whose goal is to mine, analyze and computationally model the
individual and collective behaviour in communities and social networks
of Wikipedia users.

The ideal candidate should have:
* Ph.D. level education in a relevant discipline
* A good record of relevant research published in peer-reviewed
conferences or journals
* Strong empirical and analytical orientation, with experience in
handling large amounts of data coming from user action logs and social
networks
* Experience with statistics and with analysis of complex networks
* Knowledge of at least one of Python, Perl, C/C++, R, Java
* Proficiency in both written and spoken English

Additional requirements:
* Prior experience in using social media for disseminating personal research
* Interdisciplinary background
* Experience with GNU/Linux systems

Type of contract: co.co.pro (collaboration contract) for one year.
Initial appointments are for one year and renewal is based on
performance.

Feel free to contact me if you have any question and you can find more
information and how to apply at
http://risorseumane.fbk.eu/sites/risorseumane.fbk.eu/files/call%20SONET_P_2011_1.pdf

Paolo Massa
Head of SoNet research group: http://sonet.fbk.eu