[Air-L] Milestones towards Open Government Data

Johann Hoechtl Johann.Hoechtl at donau-uni.ac.at
Wed Jun 1 07:26:11 PDT 2011

Dear colleagues,

In preparation for a conference poster (http://www.ogd2011.at/,
probably for DEXA/EGOVIS) I am seeking input of important milestones for
Open Government Data, primarily in the european context. I identified

1. DIRECTIVE 2003/98/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL
of 17 November 2003 on the re-use of public sector information
2. The Ministerial Declaration on eGovernment approved unanimously in
Malmö, Sweden, on 18 November 2009 includes several declarations of
intent regarding increased transparency and openness in the
administration process
3. Granada Ministerial Declaration on the European Digital Agenda:
Agreed on 19 April 2010 (ministers responsible for the Information
Society Policy of the European Union Member States)
4. Digital Agenda for Europe
5. The E-Government Action Plan
6. Neelie Kroes Vice-President of the European Commission responsible
for the Digital Agenda & eHealth1:“I have said it before, and I say it
again: yes to open data! I want to see more citizens and businesses
making use of more open – machine readable – data. By involving
third parties we can both improve services and be more transparent. That
would be the definition of weGov.”

The poster of Tim Davies from OII @
http://journal.webscience.org/414/1/WebSciencePoster.pdf is another
indespensable ressource.