[Air-L] C&W 2011 Online / Collaborvention

Lynn Reid lynn.reid14 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 20:45:42 PDT 2011

Collaborvention 2011: A Computers and Writing Unconference

http://computersandwriting.org/collaborvention-2011-cfp<https://owa1.brookdalecc.edu/OWA/redir.aspx?C=ec11ef027ff249b4bd1ae96cb617ba2f&URL=http%3a%2f%2fcomputersandwriting.org%2fcollaborvention-2011-cfp>

Having seen a surge of interest for an online conference that would take
Computers and Writing in a new, more collaborative and less hierarchical
direction, we announce Collaborvention 2011: A Computers and Writing
Unconference.  As with successful face-to-face unconferences, we hope to see
collaboration and synthesis without formal proposals, acceptances, or a
program set in stone before the online conference begins. This activity will
take place during two windows.

   1. Connections window: Starting immediately, participants can toss out
ideas, put together events and connect with collaborators. We expect most of
that activity to happen in cyberspace, using the #cwuncon hashtag, on
listservs like techrhet and wpa-l, through collaborvention groups in social
networks, through local collaborations, and in any other ways that will help
the conference achieve a critical mass of interest and participation.

   2. Unconference window: Between April 22nd and May 13th (prior to the f2f
Computers and Writing conference) and between May 22nd and May 30th (after
the f2f conference), the unconference window will open. Events during the
unconference might take the form of a hosted conversation, a showcase of a
project or activity, a presentation, or really anything. We also hope to see
links develop between the unconference and the f2f conference on May 19-22.

As you begin planning your event with others, you'll want to review the
Instructions for Submitting to Collaborvention 2011.

http://computersandwriting.org/collaborvention-2011-submissions<https://owa1.brookdalecc.edu/OWA/redir.aspx?C=ec11ef027ff249b4bd1ae96cb617ba2f&URL=http%3a%2f%2fcomputersandwriting.org%2fcollaborvention-2011-submissions>

The instructions will provide you with a link to the submission form for
adding your event to the Collaborvention 2011 Event Schedule.

If you have questions about the unconference, the support documents offer
quite a bit of additional information.

http://computersandwriting.org/collaborvention-2011-help<https://owa1.brookdalecc.edu/OWA/redir.aspx?C=ec11ef027ff249b4bd1ae96cb617ba2f&URL=http%3a%2f%2fcomputersandwriting.org%2fcollaborvention-2011-help>

We look forward to seeing your participation!

http://computersandwriting.org/collaborvention-2011-home<https://owa1.brookdalecc.edu/OWA/redir.aspx?C=ec11ef027ff249b4bd1ae96cb617ba2f&URL=http%3a%2f%2fcomputersandwriting.org%2fcollaborvention-2011-home>

The Collaborvention 2011 Facilitators