[Air-L] Video Vortex news

Geert Lovink geert at desk.nl
Thu Mar 17 02:57:24 PDT 2011

Dear AiR-l members,

last weekend we hosted the 6th Video Vortex conference, here in
Amsterdam.

Here some news and announcements from this growing online video network.

VV 7 will be held in Zagreb, Croatia, hosted by the Contemporary Arts
Museum in April-May 2012.

There will be a VV Summer School on the Croatian island Vis in August
2010.

This is part of an effort to establish an international VV online
video masters degree.

Blog reports of VV 6 are available on the INC website and the videos
of the talks will be there shortly.

http://networkcultures.org/wpmu/videovortex/

As already posted on this list before the Video Vortex Reader II can
be downloaded as a pdf here:

http://networkcultures.org/wpmu/videovortex/vv-reader

If you like to get the Video Vortex II reader, please let us know.

For the VV6 occasion a third print run of the Video Vortex I was made
(total is now 4750 copies).

Of course the VV I reader can also still be downloaded as a pdf
through the same page:

http://networkcultures.org/wpmu/videovortex/vv-reader

If you have a class or conference that focusses on online video you
can order the necessary books.

The readers are free and will be shipped to your school from Amsterdam.

Please write to: books at networkcultures.org

Urban Screens readers are also still there, as is Dmitri Kleiner's
Telecommunist Manifesto.

Having said that, this only works if you send us your (correct) postal
address.

Believe it or not but most people actually forget to do this... They
think an email is enough.

Yours, Geert