[Air-L] Early Registration Extended Through March 27 for JITP 2011 - The Future of Computational Social Science

Stuart Shulman stuart.shulman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 05:30:01 PDT 2011

Since we just got our draft program out last Friday, we are extending the
early registration period for JITP 2011 through March 27:

http://www.umass.edu/jitp/2011.htm

Students - $50
All others - $75

The conference highlights include a keynote from Jaimie Teevan of Microsoft
Research:

http://www.umass.edu/jitp/Teevan.htm

We are also pleased to offer an invited panel with Karen Fisher, Kirsten
Foot and Karine Nahon, three huge stars of the UW research community, on the
future of data and methods.

In addition to our selected research papers, there will be a vendor panel on
"Research in the Cloud" and a Round Table discussion on the future of JITP.

My five year stint as Editor of JITP is concluding soon and we are
discussing important issues of editorial rotation, requirements for Board
membership, and the direction of the journal for the next five years. If you
have not been to a JITP annual meeting and you want to shape the future of
the journal, this is a great conference to attend. We are typically about 75
people in one room for two days with sustained interactions. Presenters of
research papers enjoy extended speaking slots and longer than usual Q&A.

The Journal of Information Technology & Politics is the Official Journal of
the Information and Technology and Politics Section of the American
Political Science Association. The journal community, however, is comprised
of more than 770 "members" who are drawn from a wide range of disciplines
and countries.

Hope to see you in Seattle May 16 & 17, 2011.

thanks,
~Stu