[Air-L] Seeking info about famous internet people*not*fromNorth America

Leurs, MA, K.H.A. (Koen) K.H.A.Leurs at uu.nl
Sun Mar 6 13:50:17 PST 2011

Dear all, dear Sue,

Interesting question, but when approaching the project from the perspective of people who are Non- North American hot shots, Americans implicitly remain the norm.
And others remain outsiders. They remain 'space invaders', in terms of Nirwal Purwal.

Anyway, in the context of the Netherlands and Europe, Neelie Kroes is interesting, making the Forbes top 100 of most influential women a couple of times. She was the former European Comissioner on Competition, dealing with operating system's interoperability, fining Microsoft for 500 million etc.

In the area of critical studies of digital media in the Netherlands and Globally, Geert Lovink, of the Institute of Network Cultures, is of great interest too.

Good luck with your project,

Koen.

Koen Leurs | Aio / PhD student Gender Studies  |  Research Institute for History and Culture  |
 |  Utrecht University, the Netherlands  |  Muntstraat 2a  | 3512 EV Utrecht  |  Room 1.12  |
 www.koenleurs.net  |  www.uu.nl/wiredup |