[Air-L] Arizona Methods Workshops 2012

Jennifer S. Earl jearl at soc.ucsb.edu
Thu Sep 8 17:53:51 PDT 2011

I thought this might be of interest to some on the list:

**************

Arizona Methods Workshops 2012

Please join us for the 2nd annual Arizona Methods Workshops, January 5-10,
2012

Hosted by the Department of Sociology
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ

ABOUT THE WORKSHOPS:

Please join us for the 2nd annual series of Arizona Methods Workshops.
These 2-3 day workshops are open to everyone and are hosted by the
Department of Sociology at the University of Arizona, where all workshops
are held.  The goal is to share the methodological expertise of our
department and college with the wider community of social scientists.  The
workshop topics and instructors vary from year to year; this year we are
offering six workshops January 5-10th, 2012 (see descriptions in the
textbox to the right, and the schedule below).  Tack on a few days to enjoy
a January vacation in sunny Tucson!

SCHEDULE:

Thursday, Friday, & Saturday ? January 5-7, 2012

   Session A (9-10:30 and 2-3:30 each day):

Workshop A1. Introduction to Survey Design
Professor Jane Zavisca
           -or-
Workshop A2. Assessing Discrimination in Organizational Settings
Professor William T. Bielby

    Session B (11-12:30 and 4-5:30 each day):

Workshop B1. Matching Methods & Causal Inference
Professor Chad Westerland
           -or-
Workshop B2. Introduction to Social Network Analysis Methods
Professor Ronald L. Breiger

Monday & Tuesday ? January 9-10, 2012

     Session C (9-11:30am and 1-3pm each day):

Workshop C1. Qualitative Comparative Analysis (QCA) and Fuzzy Sets
Professor Charles C. Ragin
          -or-
Workshop C2. Introduction to Multi-Level Modeling
Professor Erin Leahey

For more details, including registration information, fees, and lodging
information, visit: http://sociology.arizona.edu/methods

Jennifer Earl
Professor of Sociology
SS&MS 3129