[Air-L] looking for references on online conversational analysis and discourse analysis

brook bolander brookbolander at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 08:53:35 PST 2012

PS: three further articles I found helpful with regard to power (in
connection with CA or DA) were:

 Maroccia, Michel. 2004 On-line polylogues: Conversation structure and
participation framework in internet newsgroups. *Journal of Pragmatics* 36,
115–145.

Lambiase, Jacqueline J. 2010 Hanging by a thread: Topic development and
death in an online discussion of breaking news. *Language at Internet* 7,
article 9. Available at: http://www.languageatinternet.de/articles/2010.
Accessed on: 05/03/2011

Herring, Susan C. and Carole G. Nix. 1997 Is ‘serious chat’ an oxymoron?
Academic vs. social uses of Internet Relay Chat. Paper presented at the
American Association of Applied Linguistics, Orlando, FL, March 11.