[Air-L] Any room for our new social software!

Elijah Wright elijah.wright at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 07:50:47 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 5:22 AM, laetitia le chatton
<laetitia.lechatton at gmail.com> wrote:

> Shortly, the Socrator is a motor for conversations

I really like the idea of "a motor for conversations" - like a finite
state machine or a cog/sprocket assembly for moving things along.

Mental sidelink - the Agora.

> - some users create and store interactive conversations on any topic,
> uploading all kinds of multimedia material they find necessary to the
> conversation
> - other users are meant to have these conversations: they access this
> material by having a chat with the Socrator

So users upload material and... tag it as related to a particular term
or concept framework?  Or is there a more complicated system in play,
there?  Are they tagging/labeling the multimedia content, or tagging
the whole conversation as a 'topic'?

You might have luck looking for funding / publishing opportunities related to:

- semantic web / linked open data
- ontology development
- knowledge management / document management
- information discovery / inquiry

What are the affordances made possible by the system?  What are the
costs (time, attention, entering detail about content) demanded of the
user?

What makes it interesting such that someone would want to talk about
it at CHI or in JCMC?  :-)

best,

--elijah wright