[Air-L] Any room for our new social software!

laetitia le chatton laetitia.lechatton at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 23:31:51 PDT 2012

Hello again Elijah,

apologies for cross posting

i did not replied yet to that part fo your mail :

You might have luck looking for funding / publishing opportunities related
> to:
> - semantic web / linked open data
> - ontology development
> - knowledge management / document management
> - information discovery / inquiry

- semantic web / linked open data
I have to exclude the sematic web. the goal looks similar namely letting
users getting the feeling a search engine takes semantics into account
rather than experiencing keyword based information retrieval
But i don't aim at extracting or representing semantic out of a domain
knowledge but let users create conversations (not website :-)

- ontology development :
yes! I played and redefined the concept

- knowledge management / document management
- information discovery / inquiry
yes yes! any link for me?

Also with my friend (and team member) we got a fight around your use of
expression "finite state machine". I take it, in the context of your mail,
as :

finite (not a platform) + state (domain or out of domain state for ex) +
machine (the motor)

but the neardy engineer reminds that every turing machine is a
"finite-state machine" and we do have a turing machine here :-)

Best

--
Laetitia