[Air-L] References suggestions: qualitative interviewing

Janet Salmons, Ph.D. jesalmons at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 01:39:08 PDT 2012

Thank you for the shout out, Philippa! Shannon and others interested in
designing and conducting interviews online may be interested as well in the
companion book, Online Interviews in Real Time (
http://www.sagepub.com/books/Book233088). Online Interviews in Real Time
offers theoretical and methodolological foundations for interviews
conducted with text, videoconferencing, meeting software or virtual worlds.
A "Researchers' Notebook" for each chapter that contains practical examples.

If you teach, you might be interested in sample syllabi and other materials
posted on my website: http://bit.ly/QFPava. If you have specific questions,
feel free to contact me offline.

All the best,
Janet

> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 4:50 PM, Philippa Smith <philippa.smith at aut.ac.nz
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi Shannon,
> >
> > I just purchased this book which I can recommend and is hot off the press
> > - came out this year:
> >
> > Cases in online interview research by Janet Salmons (2012). Published by
> > Sage
> > It covers aspects of designing and conducting research with online
> > interviews using social media tools, virtual worlds, or hybrid on and
> > offline interviews using video conference, text, meeting tools.  Etc.
> >
> > Good luck
> >
> > Philippa Smith
> >
> > AUT University
> > Auckland
> > NEW ZEALAND

*Janet Salmons Ph.D.*
*Capella University School of Business and Technology and Vision2Lead, Inc.
*Site- http://www.vision2lead.com
Follow Twitter at #einterview
jsalmons at vision2lead.com