[Air-L] Literature Request: "Reposting Content on Social Media Sites"

Alex Leavitt alexleavitt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 00:07:03 PDT 2012

Hi all!

I'm beginning a project on social reposting in social media sites, but I'm
having a (surprisingly) difficult time digging up relevant pieces of
literature on the subject. If anyone has any leads, please do email me
off-list, and I can compile the results afterward! Note: I'm not interested
in social sharing (eg., 'I posted something I think other people should see
on Facebook') but social re-sharing (eg., 'I clicked [Share] on a friend's
Facebook post so others can see it too').

The best (only?) paper I could find is danah's older piece on Twitter
retweet practices: http://www.danah.org/papers/TweetTweetRetweet.pdf

Thanks for the help!
Alex

---

Alexander Leavitt
PhD Student
USC Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism
http://alexleavitt.com
Twitter: @alexleavitt