[Air-L] [ICA PANEL] Downsizing Data: Analyzing Social Digital Traces [CFP]

Alex Leavitt aleavitt at usc.edu
Tue Oct 23 14:11:35 PDT 2012

Hi fellow AoIRists,

Hope everyone had fun at IR13! As you all know, the ICA deadline is quickly
approaching, and I'm looking for a final panelist for a group looking
at (qualitative or quantitative) social science questions using social
media data with a combination of computational and social scientific
methods. The panel is tentatively titled "Downsizing Data: Analyzing Social
Digital Traces," to emphasize narrowing social media's big data issues into
specific samples and particular questions.

Our current panelists are looking at qualitative research questions present
in information sharing on Twitter, networks and identity on Tumblr, and
social behaviors reflected in data on Foursquare. We're looking for someone
who is working on another platform different from these (or potentially a
cross-platform project). Again, we're aiming for someone who can speak to
using computational methods (for data collection or analysis) in the
analysis of social science questions (whether qualitative or quantitative).

If you're interested, please send along a quick and informal 100-word
abstract-spiel to this email address (aleavitt at usc.edu) about your proposed
paper by 5:00pm EST on Friday October 26th. Any questions -- send 'em along.

Thanks!
Alex

---

Alexander Leavitt
PhD Student
USC Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism
http://alexleavitt.com
Twitter: @alexleavitt