[Air-L] Antw: Literature Request: "Reposting Content on Social Media Sites"

Noella Edelmann Noella.Edelmann at donau-uni.ac.at
Thu Oct 4 00:49:27 PDT 2012

Hi Alex,

you may be interested in the IBM research report "return on contribution (roc): a metric for enterprise social software" by Muller et al 2010 which tries to develop a metric for the creation and creation of information and knowledge in social media applications.
http://domino.watson.ibm.com/cambridge/research.nsf/58bac2a2a6b05a1285256b30005b3953/ca244c1cd63c41ef852576b30059b39e/$FILE/TR%202009.10.muller.ROC.pdf

Noella

Noella Edelmann BA, MSc, MAS
Researcher

CeDEM13
Conference for E-Democracy and Open Government
 www.donau-uni.ac.at/cedem

JeDEM
eJournal of eDemocracy and Open Government
www.jedem.org

Digital Government Blog
http://digitalgovernment.wordpress.com/

Centre for E-Government
Danube University Krems
Dr.-Karl-Dorrek-Strasse 30
3500 Krems
Austria
www.donau-uni.ac.at/egov

>>> Alex Leavitt <alexleavitt at gmail.com> 10/3/2012 9:07  >>>
Hi all!

I'm beginning a project on social reposting in social media sites, but I'm
having a (surprisingly) difficult time digging up relevant pieces of
literature on the subject. If anyone has any leads, please do email me
off-list, and I can compile the results afterward! Note: I'm not interested
in social sharing (eg., 'I posted something I think other people should see
on Facebook') but social re-sharing (eg., 'I clicked [Share] on a friend's
Facebook post so others can see it too').

The best (only?) paper I could find is danah's older piece on Twitter
retweet practices: http://www.danah.org/papers/TweetTweetRetweet.pdf

Thanks for the help!
Alex

---

Alexander Leavitt
PhD Student
USC Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism
http://alexleavitt.com
Twitter: @alexleavitt