[Air-L] petition in support of our graduate student

Adi Kuntsman adi_kuntsman at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 29 11:54:17 PDT 2013

dear AoiR members

Please would you take a moment to read and support this petition - it is not just any general cause, but a case of a UK based PhD student who is also a colleague and a friend of mine, Sanaz Raj, who has been treated extremely unfairly by the Institute of Communication Studies at Leeds University. Her funding  was revoked and she was subjected to bullying and ongoing injustice. The link below provides a detailed account of the events. Personally, I can testify that Sanaz is a very talented and dedicated young scholar, who did not deserve the treatment she received (nor , of course, does any other student)

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/vice-chancellor-university-of-leeds-stop-treating-international-students-like-2nd-class-citizens-2

many thanks
Adi

---