[Air-L] 2013 UPMARC Summer School on Multicore Computing /fw

Sari sari at cs.aau.dk
Mon Apr 29 14:44:08 PDT 2013

Call for Participation

The 2013 UPMARC Summer School on Multicore Computing this year focuses
on research trends for scalable multicore programs and systemsand will
take place at Uppsala University, Sweden in June 10-12, 2013.

The school is subsidized by the UPMARC research programme of Uppsala
University (see upmarc.se <http://upmarc.se/>). In particular,
attendance of the summer school is *free*. (There is only a cancellation
fee.)

Courses

The school consists of a number of lectures and talks from international
leaders in their field:

* Cristian Cadar, Imperial College
Testing Your Code With Symbolic Execution

* Erez Petrank, Technion — Israel Institute of Technology
Concurrent Data Structures and Progress Guarantees

* Jesper Larsson Träff, Vienna University of Technology
Challenges in Message-Passing Interfaces for Large-Scale Parallel Systems

* Madan Musuvathi, Microsoft Research
Finding Race Conditions and Data Races

* Margaret Martonosi, Princeton University
TBA

In addition, the school will include a sessions where participants can
present posters and demos of their own research in the area of
multicore/parallel computing.

School Objective

The objective of this year's summer school is to offer foundational
tutorials accompanied by a selection of exiting new emerging
technologies in the areas of testing for finding errors in concurrent
programs, on scalable concurrent data structures, challenges in MPI for
large-scale parallel systems, and on architectural trends for
power-efficient multicores, all given by leading experts of the
community. We aim to attract graduate students and young scientists and,
through tutorials and lectures, prepare them for research on identifying
and addressing fundamental challenges that will enable all programmers
to leverage the potential performance from the ongoing shift to
universal parallel computing. We also aim to provide a fun and
stimulating environment for students to meet and establish connections
with other students, world-class researchers from academia and industry,
local faculty, and other senior scientists.

For more information about the school, including how to register:

http://upmarc.se/events/SS2013

We strongly encourage people interested in participating to register as
soon as possible.

Deadlines:

• May 10 for Accommodation to our price.
• May 30 for Registration to the Summer School.

Kostis Sagonas and Roland Grönroos