[Air-L] Last week for OII Summer Doctoral Programme applications

Victoria Nash victoria.nash at oii.ox.ac.uk
Mon Feb 18 06:46:59 PST 2013

Dear Air-listers,

As the deadline approaches for this year's Oxford Internet Institute Summer Doctoral Programme (SDP), I'd be very grateful if you could forward this e-mail to any PhD students who may want to apply.

The OII SDP brings together PhD students from around the world for a fortnight of study with leading academics in the field. The programme is structured around daily lectures, seminars and social events, aimed at developing student thinking on a range of issues central to the Internet and improving their thesis research. This year's programme will be held at the iSchool at the University of Toronto from 8th-19th July. Participating tutors include faculty from several of the great universities nearby (Barry Wellman, Seamus Ross, Leslie Regan Shade, Rhonda McEwen, Anabel Quan-Haase, Jason Nolan, Ron Deibert and others) as well as faculty from OII (Bernie Hogan, Eric Meyer and Vicki Nash). We also hope to bring back SDP alumni for a day of networking and presentations on the 12th July.

The deadline for applications is 25th February. Further details and information about how to apply can be found at: http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/teaching/sdp/Y2013.cfm whilst more informal information is available on the SDP blog at: http://blogs.oii.ox.ac.uk/sdp/

Thanks are due to all our SDP partners, most notably, the UoT iSchool, but also the Faculty of Communication and Design at Ryerson University, Annenberg School of Communication at USC, the Creative Industries faculty at QUT and the ARC Centre of Excellence for Creative Industries and Innovation.

If you have any questions, please get in touch.

Best
Vicki

Dr Victoria Nash
Director of Graduate Studies