[Air-L] DC area event for people involved in online research

Casey Tesfaye klt35 at georgetown.edu
Thu Oct 3 13:05:56 PDT 2013

Hi there,

We're planning another lunch in October:

Details:
In August we hosted the first Online Research, Offline Lunch for
researchers involved in online research in any field, discipline or sector
in the DC area. Although Washington DC is a great meeting place for
specific areas of online research, there are few opportunities for
interdisciplinary gatherings of professionals and academics. These lunches
provide an informal opportunity for a diverse set of online researchers to
listen and talk respectfully about our interests and our work and to see
our endeavors from new, valuable perspectives. We kept the first gathering
small. But the enthusiasm for this small event was quite large, and it was
a great success! We had interesting conversations, learned a lot, made some
valuable connections, and promised to meet again.

If you're interested, you can sign up here:
http://freerangeresearch.com/2013/10/03/planning-a-second-online-research-offline-lunch/

Cheers,

Casey Tesfaye
@FreeRangeRsrch