[Air-L] Article/literature combining "geodata", "crowdmapping" and "participatory (politics)"?

Daniel Kunzelmann kunzelmann.daniel at yahoo.de
Tue Apr 29 10:29:05 PDT 2014

Dear community!

I've been appreciatively reading this ml over the last couple of month.
Now I really hope that you can help me out on the following issue. I'm
looking for a specific social anthropological  article (or literature in
general) that covers three topics at once "geodata", "crowdmapping" and
"participatory (politics)".

My main concern: How does (big) geodata and the (crowd) mapping of it --
e.g. by combining geodata with other kinds of (big) data -- change civic
engagement? Things like this
http://www.theguardian.com/news/blog/2011/apr/07/ushahidi-crowdmap-kenya-violence-hague...

The focus of the article: Together with a colleague I will be holding a
workshop to discuss ways in which numeric (geo-)data and ethnography can
be joined within anthropological theory and methodology. Thus the focus
of the article should be empirical (giving examples), but it should also
try to theorize and conceptualize the relationsship of geodata and
ethnography.

I would really appreciate your shared expertise on this one. Any ideas
or suggestions?

Thanks you so much!

All the best,
Daniel Kunzelmann

P.S.: I do have another questions but I will split up the post...

Daniel Kunzelmann, Ph.D.c
Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
Institute of Cultural Studies/European Ethnology

Email. daniel.kunzelmann at gmx.de
Web. http://unibas.academia.edu/DanielKunzelmann
Blog. http://www.transformations-blog.com/
Twitter. @der_kunzelmann