[Air-L] Article/literature on "algorithms" and "geodata"?

Daniel Kunzelmann kunzelmann.daniel at yahoo.de
Tue Apr 29 10:29:10 PDT 2014

And if you could help me out on another issue?

I'm also looking for an article/literature that deals with the
relationship of "algorithms" and "geodata". Most of the work about
algorithms that I could find seem very "technical", thus missing the
social aspect of it.

My main concern: What are and do algorithms: technically but as well as
from a social anthropological perspective? How is geodata used within
these algorithms causing what?
How can one theorize and conceptualize the relationsship of geodata,
algorithms and ethnography?

Again, together with a colleague I will be holding a workshop to discuss
ways in which numeric (geo-)data and ethnography can be joined in
anthropological theory and methodology. We both think that algorithms
and their relationship with geodata play an important part to understand
these issues. Any ideas or suggestions of an article?

Thanks you so much!

Kind regards,
Daniel Kunzelmann

Daniel Kunzelmann, Ph.D.c
Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
Institute of Cultural Studies/European Ethnology

Email. daniel.kunzelmann at gmx.de
Web. http://unibas.academia.edu/DanielKunzelmann
Blog. http://www.transformations-blog.com/
Twitter. @der_kunzelmann