[Air-L] Game studies book note -- The Culture of Digital Fighting Games

Todd Harper laevantine at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 10:40:43 PST 2014

Just a small note if you have an interest in game studies, particularly
gaming communities, e-sports, or communities of practice: my book "The
Culture of Digital Fighting Games: Performance and Practice" came out at
the end of December 2013.

In summary, the book is an extension of my dissertation work on the
competitive fighting game community, looking at their play practices,
social interactions, and the like.

If this is of interest to you, there's more information on Routledge's page
for the book: http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415821308/

There's also a review copy request form --
http://www.routledge.com/resources/review_copy_request/%209780415821308/
And a library recommendation form, if you're of the mind -
http://www.routledge.com/resources/librarian_recommendation/9780415821308/

Thanks, and have a good one.

--
Todd Harper