[Air-L] Call for P&I Journal Special Issues + IPP2014 Crowdsourcing Conference Call

David Sutcliffe david.sutcliffe at oii.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 25 02:59:20 PST 2014

Dear all,

The journal Policy and Internet is calling for special issue proposals.

Policy and Internet Calls for Special Issues:
http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/news/?id=1057

The journal is multidisciplinary: perspectives from any academic discipline are welcomed, particularly political science, economics, law, sociology, information science, communications, philosophy, computer science, psychology, management, geography and medicine. Possible topics for a special issue might include (for example):

> Collective action / public participation in policy-making
> Privacy / surveillance / the coercive state
> Big Data / predictive analytics for public policy
> Open data / open government
> Internet governance
> Crime / law enforcement
> Health
> Online labour markets

The journal was established in 2009 as the first major peer-reviewed journal investigating the implications of the Internet and associated technologies for public policy. It is published quarterly by Wiley-Blackwell, and edited by the Oxford Internet Institute (University of Oxford) for the Policy Studies Organization (PSO). The Editors are Professor Helen Margetts, Professor Luciano Floridi, Dr Vili Lehdonvirta, and Dr Sandra Gonzalez-Bailon.

Proposals should be send to the editors at: policyandinternet at oii.ox.ac.uk by 1 April 2014

*** Conference Call Reminder: Crowdsourcing for Politics and Policy ***

And also, a reminder that the journal will be holding its third conference (co-convened by the OII, in collaboration with the ECPR) on 25-26 September in Oxford, on the subject of crowdsourcing. We are currently calling for abstracts.

Call: http://ipp.oii.ox.ac.uk/2014/call-for-papers
Abstract deadline: 14 March 2014.

Location: Thursday 25 - Friday 26 September 2014, Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford.
Convenors: Helen Margetts (OII), Vili Lehdonvirta (OII), David Sutcliffe (OII), Sandra Gonzalez-Bailon (Annenberg, UPenn), Andrea Calderaro (EUI / ECPR).

Contact: policyandinternet at oii.ox.ac.uk
#ipp2014

Thank you!
Best wishes, David Sutcliffe (Managing Editor)

***

David Sutcliffe

Managing Editor
Oxford Internet Institute