[Air-L] Screening Scholarship Media Festival - Submissions Due 11/19!

Veena Vasudevan veena.vasudevan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 04:55:30 PST 2014

Hello All,

Submissions for the Screening Scholarship Media Festival (#SSMF2015) will
close on November 19th so we encourage you to submit your work today!  We
invite scholars, activists, artists, filmmakers, and educators to submit
film, soundscapes, recordings, blogs, websites, eBooks, animation,
photographs, installations, or other media forms, that creatively explore
how the social world is performed in and through digital media.

Please see the call for submissions below.

Best,
SSMF Team

*SCREENING SCHOLARSHIP MEDIA FESTIVAL CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS *
This year at the Screening Scholarship Media Festival we invite submissions
from scholars, activists, artists, filmmakers, and educators that
creatively explore how the social world is performed in and through digital
media. Over the last few years, there has been a proliferation of
scholarship that looks at media as a vehicle for performing and
constituting reality, not merely representing it. With this in mind we ask:

What are the ethics and politics of (re)presenting our work on screen?
How do multiple lives -- digital, analog, physical -- connect and
disconnect through on and offline pathways?
What does it mean to be a scholar, artist, and/or educator in the digital
age?
What are the affordances and tensions of digital media for scholarship,
activism, and pedagogy?

SSMF will highlight multimodal projects during two days of screenings and
discussions showcasing film, soundscapes and recordings, blogs, websites,
eBooks, animation, photographs, installations, and other media forms.

Deadline for Submissions is November 19 , 2014

Please visit our website <http://www.camrapenn.org/media-festival> for the
submission guidelines and more information about the festival. camra is
also recruiting graduate students and scholars to serve as reviewers for
SSMF 2015. For all other questions please contact ssmf at camrapenn.org
Twitter: @camrapenn, #SSMF2015
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CamraPenn