[Air-L] Nov 21st #ELD15 Initial Proposal Deadline

AJ Kelton ajk407 at nyu.edu
Wed Nov 12 13:29:08 PST 2014

Please consider submitting a proposal, which consists of a title and a 500
word abstract. See below for information on our revise/resubmit
process.    Also,
please share this with your colleagues

The *2015 Emerging Learning Design Conference (ELD15)* is accepting
proposals for its 5th annual conference, to be held *May 29th 2015 *on the
campus of Montclair State University.

*INITIAL PROPOSAL DEADLINE – NOVEMBER 21st, 2015*. See below for details.

   - For the Call for Proposals Submission Form – click
   https://msusurveys.montclair.edu/index.php/771656/lang-en
   - For the ELD15 Session Types – click
   http://eld.montclair.edu/eld-call-for-proposals/session-types/
   - For the Call for Proposals FAQ – click
   http://eld.montclair.edu/eld-call-for-proposals/eld-call-for-proposals-faq/

The theme for this year's conference is *CONNECT, CONSTRUCT, CREATE:
ENGAGING APPROACHES TO TEACHING AND LEARNING*

*ROLLING SUBMISSION / EARLY ACCEPTANCE MODEL*
ELD uses a “rolling submission” model for proposals: every proposal will be
reviewed and given feedback within 2 weeks of submission. Your submission
will either be accepted or you’ll be provided feedback from our reviewers
and offered an opportunity to revise and resubmit. We’ll continue this
process of accepting or giving constructive feedback to proposals until all
presentation slots are filled or we reach our INITIAL PROPOSAL DEADLINE of
November 21st, 2014.

Submissions will still be accepted after November 21st, but they will be
considered in the second round of proposals. We will work with those who
submitted by the EARLY ACCEPTANCE DEADLINE and then look toward later
submissions to complete the program, should presentation slots still be
available.

Why this model? Two main reasons: we've seen that having
revise-and-resubmit cycles make our conference’s presentations the best
they can be for our attendees, and accepting excellent proposals as they
arrive is a great way to let our prospective audience know what to look
forward to even before the whole program is finalized. In addition, this
model is easier on our reviewers as we don’t get a rush of proposals on
deadline day.

How do you submit a proposal? Go to
http://eld.montclair.edu/eld-call-for-proposals/eld-call-for-proposals-faq/
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Feld.montclair.edu%2Feld-call-for-proposals%2Feld-call-for-proposals-faq%2F&h=ZAQHj1qk-&s=1>
read
some brief instructions on what we need in your submission, and then go to
URL and supply that information. We’ll be in touch to confirm your
submission was complete, and then let you know within a couple weeks the
response from our reviewers.

Accepted conference presentations have the potential to be included as
proceedings in the Journal of Emerging Learning Design.

--

*AJ Kelton*
Director, CHSS Emerging & Instructional Technology
keltona at mail.montclair.edu

[image: It's all here. Montclair State University.] <http://montclair.edu/>
http://eit.montclair.edu

Emerging Learning Design 2015