[Air-L] New book: Tell Everyone: Why We Share and Why It Matters by Alfred Hermida

Hermida, Alfred Alfred.Hermida at ubc.ca
Sat Oct 25 09:34:33 PDT 2014

Dear friends and colleagues

If you are looking for an ideal introductory text for media studies courses, I’d like to suggest my new book, Tell Everyone: Why We Share and Why It Matters, has just been published by DoubleDay Canada.
http://www.telleveryone.ca/

Tell Everyone tells the story of how our innate urge to share is shaping the information we receive and depend on to make informed decisions, from choosing politicians to doing business.The book draws on historical examples, real-world experiences and leading research from multiple disciplines to offers insights into how to navigate successfully the social streams of information that shape how we view the world.

Tim Currie of the University of King’s College captured the essence of Tell Everyone in his review:

"Not up on the concept of cognitive dissonance? Homophily? Pluralistic ignorance? Or situational awareness? Not a deal breaker. Just in time for Halloween, Tell Everyone (Doubleday Canada) is a social science literature review masquerading as light bedside reading from the business management section. Hermida has tucked the academic sourcing into 21 pages of endnotes and offered a highly readable 217-page tour of social movements, revolutions, journalistic gaffes and corporate PR disasters."
Read more: http://ow.ly/DkxtE

The book is a trade title, written in a journalistic style with academic rigour. It is available in Canada as a hardback and ebook from all major booksellers. The hardback is currently 37% off at Amazon.ca<http://Amazon.ca> and Chapters Indigo. Tell Everyone is also available in the U.S. as a Kindle on Amazon.com<http://Amazon.com>.

Thank you for your time

Alfred

Alfred Hermida: Associate Professor
Graduate School of Journalism | University of British Columbia
alfred.hermida at ubc.ca<mailto:alfred.hermida at ubc.ca> |@hermida

Praise for Tell Everyone: Why We Share and Why It Matters
 - "Fascinating ... "#youwanttoreadthisbook," Peter Mansbridge
 - "Insight and compelling," Kirstine Stewart
http://www.telleveryone.ca/