[Air-L] Two Tenure track jobs at Penn State

Andrea H. Tapia atapia at ist.psu.edu
Thu Nov 5 12:41:29 PST 2015

Two Tenure Track Faculty Jobs at Penn State College of Information Sciences and Technology
These ads can be viewed at https://psu.jobs/.
JOB 1: Assistant Professor of Security and Privacy (Job # 60544)
The College of Information Sciences and Technology (IST) invites applications for a faculty position in Security and Privacy at the rank of Assistant Professor. We seek exceptional candidates with a high quality research and publication record to enhance and complement our existing research strengths. Individuals studying security and privacy issues from the socio-technical, behavioral (including cognition and human centered design), and societal perspectives are strongly encouraged to apply. We welcome applications with a variety of disciplinary backgrounds including but not limited to social sciences, computer and information sciences, management of information systems, communication, design and organizational sciences. The successful candidate will be expected to develop an internationally competitive, externally funded research program, and contribute to graduate and undergraduate education and training.
Job 2: Assistant or Associate Professor of Data Sciences (Job # 60541)
The College of Information Sciences and Technology (IST) at The Pennsylvania State University invites applications for a faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor as part of a University-wide faculty hiring initiative with the Institute for CyberScience (ICS) in the Data Sciences. This year's search focuses on Data Science for Precision Health (broadly conceived). We are especially interested in candidates with expertise in scalable data analytics, predictive and causal modeling, information integration, longitudinal data analysis, network modeling and analysis, whose research interests complement ongoing health-related research within the College. Successful candidates will have a demonstrated track record of research contributions in both novel methods and precision health applications that complement the current research strengths within the college in Informatics, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Network Science, Information Retrieval, Data Privacy and Security, and across the university in Bioinformatics, Translational Genomics, Brain Imaging, Electronic Health Records Analytics, Biobehavioral Health, Prevention Research, and Healthy Aging. We welcome applications from candidates with a variety of disciplinary backgrounds including Computer and Information Sciences, Statistics, Biomedical and Health Informatics.
Interested applicants should submit: (1) a cover letter, (2) a Curriculum Vitae, (3) a one-page research statement, (4) a one-page teaching statement, and (5) 3 - 5 letters of reference. Review of applications will begin on January 5, 2016, and continue until the position is filled. Inquiries about the position may be directed to recruit at ist.psu.edu<mailto:recruit at ist.psu.edu>.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.