[Air-L] PhD in Communication at City University of Hong Kong

Nathaniel Poor natpoor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 07:36:39 PST 2015

(forwarded for a colleague)

Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to inform you that applications for Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program in Communication at City University of Hong Kong are now open for the 2016 entry – the application deadline is December 7th, 2015. We are particularly interested in applicants whose interests lie in the following areas:
		- Computational communication research
		- Health communication
		- Media institutions & society
		- Political communication
		- Social and psychological impact of new media

The Department of Media and Communication at City University of Hong Kong is a top-ranked communication program in Hong Kong according to the latest Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) in 2014 and currently has 14 full-time faculty and 35 PhD students. To learn more about the Department of Media and Communication please visit: http://www.cityu.edu.hk/com/

Applicants seeking admission to the PhD program at CityU are encouraged to apply for the "Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme", a generous fellowship from the HKSAR Government, aimed at attracting the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their research degrees in Hong Kong. The Fellowship provides a monthly stipend of HK$20,000 (~US$2,600) and conference and research related travel allowance of HK$10,000 (~US$1,300) per year for the awardees for a maximum period of three years. The application deadline for this fellowship scheme is December 1st, 2015.

I would be grateful if you could circulate this message among your students or others who may be interested in our PhD program.

Regards,

Marko M. Skoric
PhD Program Coordinator
Associate Professor