[Air-L] [Deadline approaching - May 16th] ACM GROUP'16 WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
Hanna Maurin Söderholm
hanna.maurin at hb.se
Wed May 4 23:31:11 PDT 2016
Apologies for any cross posting!
CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
2016 ACM Conference on Supporting Group Work (GROUP'16)
November 13-16, 2016, Sanibel Island, Florida (USA)
************ IMPORTANT DATES ************
* Workshop Proposals Deadline: May 16, 2016
* Workshop Proposal Decisions: June 1, 2016
* Workshop Participants Paper Deadline(s) – may vary per workshop:
August 22-September 1, 2016
* Workshop Participants Paper Decisions – may vary per workshop:
September 12, 2016
* Workshop Participants Paper Camera-Ready: October 10, 2016
The GROUP'16 Workshop Organizing Committee is looking for people with
great ideas to organize workshops at the 2016 edition of the conference.
Workshops will take place on November 13, 2016.
For over 25 years, the Group conferences have brought together
researchers and practitioners who work on the development, introduction,
management, deployment, and analysis of computer-based collaborative
systems. Workshops provide an interactive venue to explore new ideas and
build community around a shared interest. Examples of workshops from the
previous ACM GROUP 2014 can be seen here: http://bit.ly/1R7EVkp.
We welcome proposals for half- or full-day workshops focused on all
topics relevant to Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Supported
Cooperative Work (CSCW), Technology-Enhanced Learning (TEL), and
Social-Technical Studies (STS).
*** Proposal Format ***
Proposals should include:
* Abstract (max 150 words)
* Motivation and rationale for the workshop
* Workshop goals and expected outcomes
* A description of workshop format and activities
* Workshop duration (half or full day)
* Specification of the audio/visual equipment needed
* Expected number of participants, and expected number of submissions.
* Description of the participant selection process.
* Names, affiliation and short bio of each organizer.
Proposals should be no more than 4 pages in ACM SIGCHI Standard Format,
which can be downloaded from:
*** Proposal Submission Process ***
Please email proposal packages to workshops at group2016.org by the stated
*** Workshop Selection ***
We aim to select a diverse set of workshops and avoid having multiple
workshops with overlapping themes. Preference will be given to proposals
where activities have been designed to stimulate discussion and
interaction among participants; workshops consisting solely of paper
presentations are discouraged. Organizers of accepted workshops will be
responsible for producing and distributing a Call for Papers describing
the event, soliciting submissions, selecting participants, and
facilitating the event. Please note that workshop organizers are
required to attend the conference and register for the workshop and at
least one day of the conference.
Accepted workshop proposals will be included in the conference
proceedings and archived in the ACM Digital Library.
*** Co-Chairs ***
Aparecido Fabiano Pinatti de Carvalho, Vienna University of Technology
Erika Poole, Healthwise
Jennifer Marlow, FXPAL
*** Contact ***
workshops at group2016.org
More information about the Air-L