[Air-L] ​Online research Methods Book

Janet Salmons, Ph.D. jsalmons at vision2lead.com
Mon May 9 15:53:03 PDT 2016

Nathan,

​Pardon the self-promotion, but my new textbook from SAGE, *Doing
Qualitative Research Online
<https://uk.sagepub.com/en-gb/eur/doing-qualitative-research-online/book242920%20>*,
is available.​ Here is a short intro: https://youtu.be/fiG3Fi9ftxg. This
book covers a wide range of approaches, from using extant data, to
interviews and participant observation, to arts-based methods and
simulations.

The companion website is not online yet-- but it will include 16 media
pieces, open-access to articles that accompany each chapter, as well as
extensive materials for instructors. I am still scheduling a few more stops
on the
 offering a virtual book tour
<http://vision2lead.com/2016/04/the-virtual-book-tour-takes-off/>, so if
that interests you, contact me off list.

My previous book (2015), *Qualitative Online Interviews
<https://us.sagepub.com/en-us/nam/qualitative-online-interviews/book241778>,
*not surprisingly, focuses on interviews of all kinds. It also explores
online observations that accompany interviews. Here is a YouTube intro:
http://bit.ly/1QWOLis. The companion site is online for this book, so you
can find syllabi and instructional materials.

Both books focus on visual methods and on research ethics. Here is a
discount coupon that works for both books: http://bit.ly/1QWOyvE.

Happy teaching and researching!

Janet

*Janet Salmons PhD*

Indie Translational Scholar @ Vision2Lead
Dissertation Chair: Walden University, PhD in Educational Technology

Chair, Academy of Management Ethics Education Committee

Site- http://www.vision2lead.com

Follow Twitter @einterview

Boulder, CO 80306-0943
jsalmons at vision2lead.com