[Air-L] Software/Platform/Architecture studies methodologies?

Tracey P. Lauriault tlauriau at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 13:52:06 PDT 2017

Greetings all;

I am looking for research methodologies to study things like data flow
lines, systems, platforms, following data trails, IoT and data, etc.

Things like:

   - Applied theory
   - Walkthrough methods
   - Ethnographic (of systems/orgs/platforms but not of social media)
   - and etc.

We have lots of great theory, but hard to find some research methods.  Any
intel would be most helpful.

At the moment it is about looking at utility and transportation grids and
meters and sensors in a smart city context. But it could also be something
similar in a precision agriculture context.

Cheerio

*Tracey P. Lauriault*

Assistant Professor
Critical Media Studies and Big Data