[Air-L] Gender and social media?

Amy Mowle amy.mowle at live.vu.edu.au
Wed Apr 4 22:05:01 PDT 2018

If you're looking for work dealing with women and social media in particular, check out Dobson's book Postfeminist 'Digital Cultures: Femininity, Social Media, and Self-Representation' for a feminist media and cultural studies approach.  I've found it really useful in my studies!

https://www.palgrave.com/gp/book/9781137408396

Postfeminist Digital Cultures - Femininity, | Amy Shields ...<https://www.palgrave.com/gp/book/9781137408396>
www.palgrave.com
This book explores the controversial social media practices engaged in by girls and young women, including sexual self-representations on social network sites, sexting, and self-harm vlogs. Informed by feminist media and cultural studies, Dobson delves beyond alarmist accounts to ask what it is we ...

All the best,

Amy