[Air-L] CFP: iConference 2019

Wayne Lutters lutters at umbc.edu
Fri Aug 17 13:43:51 PDT 2018

Dear AoIR Research Community -- We are now accepting submissions for the
Fourteenth Annual iConference in Washington, DC, March 31–April 3, 2019.
The 2019 iConference is hosted by the University of Maryland, College Park
in collaboration with Syracuse University and the University of Maryland,
Baltimore County.

Scholars, professionals, and researchers who share an interest in current
critical information issues will celebrate the theme “inform. include.
inspire.”  We invite participants to discuss what it means to inform in the
21st century, to consider who is included in and excluded from the
information revolution, and to question how we can best inspire individuals
and organizations to use information for good in our rapidly-changing
knowledge society. As we convene in the U.S. Capital, we will explore how
we can inform, include, and inspire national and international policies and
conversations related to technology.

The iConference will include peer-reviewed papers and posters, as well
as workshops
and sessions for interaction and engagement (SIE), interspersed with
various venues for networking. A new Blue Sky track will seek papers that
present ideas and visions that stimulate the iSchools research community to
pursue new directions. A new Undergraduate Symposium will provide peer
networking opportunities for students from iSchools worldwide, including
interactions with senior faculty to discuss their research and career path. The
iSchools Partnerships and Practices Track will offer opportunities for
connecting with like-minded professionals. The Doctoral Student Colloquium
(DC) and the Early Career Colloquium (ECC) will provide senior mentorship
and structured engagement with peers to discuss research and career paths.

All Full Papers and Short Papers accepted for presentation at the
iConference 2019 will be published in Springer’s Lecture Notes in Computer
Science series (indexed by services such as Web of Science and Scopus).
Springer will publish the papers as Green Open Access allowing them to be
deposited in institutional repositories and the open access Illinois
Digital Environment for Access to Learning and Scholarship repository
(IDEALS). All poster abstracts will be deposited in the IDEALS repository.

IMPORTANT LINKS

Conference: http://ischools.org/iconf2019

Past Proceedings:
<http://ischools.org/the-iconference/about-the-iconference/>
http://ischools.org/the-iconference/proceedings/

Facebook: iConference: https://www.facebook.com/IConference/

Twitter: @iConf | #iconf19

SUBMISSION DEADLINES

Papers, Workshops, Posters, DC, ECC: September 10, 2018

SIE, Blue Sky, Undergraduate Symposium, iSchools Partnerships & Practices,
Doctoral Dissertation Award: October 1, 2018

Submission portal is now open!

Notification of acceptances is mid-November 2018 except Workshops
(mid-October) and Doctoral Dissertation Award (mid-December).